Crusades were first seen in the late 11th century and are mostly organized by Christians in western Europe in response to the century-old war against Muslims. Their main objectives are to take over the Holy Land and spread Islam throughout the eastern Mediterranean, recapture formerly Christian territories, and the pagan areas. Participants see this activity as an act of redemption for their sins.
Between 1095 and 1291, the First Crusade happened and Latin Christians were forced to leave Syria. After that, there were a lot of efforts to evade the Holy Land, Spain, and the Baltic. This continued until 1291 and in the 16th century, crusades immensely declined. Although we don’t see crusades nowadays, there are a couple of memes that shed light on their activities. These funny memes are all over the internet. Some of the best ones are found here;
1. Better sleep.
2. Retaking Jerusalem
3. Taking back Jerusalem is tough.
4. You girlfriend’s holy land
5. Can you see the two men?
6. Everyone is a crusader
7. Making a SMALL presentation
8. The last crusade
9. Getting angry… from the distance!
10. The Holy Crusade music
11. Treating her like a princess
12. Standing next to your crush
13. The coronavirus is spreading really fast
14. What do they know?
15. The desert village in Minecraft